Host an Intern
YOUR GUIDE TO HOSTING AN INTERN
Hosting a student intern is an easy, affordable way to build your organisation’s environmental sustainability capacity. You’ll benefit from their technical know how (learned as part of our Green Steps @ Uni Program) when it comes to things like conducting environmental audits and behavioural change management, and they’ll benefit from your support on their journey into a career in sustainability.
To date, we've placed over 600 interns in more than 450 organisations across Australia, from private enterprise through to government departments and not-for-profit organisations. Our interns are trained and supported to work for organisations of all types and sizes, and across sectors - past internship hosts include AECOM, Australian Council for Educational Research, Telstra, Shire of Yarra Ranges and The Blood Bank. See a snapshot of some of our past internship hosts.
Watch the video on Green Steps @ Uni students and projects
Green Steps interns can:
- Develop and implement sustainability initiatives within your organisation
- Help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and tackle the carbon price
- Recommend opportunities for savings and greater efficiencies
- Prepare you for new legislation
- Provide fresh expertise, energy and creativity.
Common projects include (but are not limited to):
- Establishing or updating environmental baselines
- Developing energy efficiency, carbon reduction or waste minimisation action plans
- Implementing staff behaviour change programs
- Researching changes in innovation, legislation and market trends that may affect your organisation.
THE FINE PRINT
- Internships are typically 15 days in duration (often one to three days per week over several weeks).
- Interns act as internal change agents in support of various environmental improvement initiatives.
- Interns are mentored by sustainability experts from the Monash Sustainability Institute who have real experience in implementing environmental projects.
- Intern insurance and stipend payments are covered by Monash University.
- Fees to host a Green Steps intern vary depending on whether you are a corporate or government organisation, small business and small to medium not-for-profit organisation.
Sound good? If hosting an intern is exactly what your business needs, please contact us to find out more. If however the needs of your organisation requires a longer term solution or tailored internal training you may like to look at our tailored training options.